Are you looking to settle down with someone you love and respect? Looking to connect with someone over a steaming cup of coffee, feel that spark, and begin exploring the foundations of a serious, fulfilling relationship?
Dating can be rough for anyone – the search, the disappointment, the dead ends. If you’re also looking for someone that connects with your religious background and general values, it can be even trickier.
If you’re a single Muslim woman or man looking to find that special somebody without comprising on your morals and religious outlooks, there are dating sites that can help.
Whether you’re looking for serious dating following the tenants of Islam or more causal meetings with women or men that share your ethnicity or religious upbringing, there are various sites tailored for Muslims that you can choose from.
To help with your search, here’s a list of the best. Start out your seeking journey knowing about the best platforms that can help you target and discover you’re looking for.
Top-Rated Muslim Dating Sites
Muslima describes itself as a site for creating “Muslim matrimonials” and it’s primarily for Muslim singles looking to date within the confines of Islamic laws. With over 7.5 million Muslims worldwide using the site, this Muslim marriage site offers many potential matches to choose from.
After creating a profile, you can browse through members’ photos while filtering your preferences. If someone captures your interest, shoot them a message to see if you connect.
- Singles from many countries including the US, Australia, and the Middle East.
- For serious marriage seekers interested in dating in adherence to Islamic laws.
- If you’re more traditional or secular-minded, this may not be the best platform for you.
- Contacting other users that catch your interest is a paid feature. Premium membership is $ 29.99 a month.
If you’re looking for a serious and meaningful relationship in line with Muslim values, this is a great place to start.
eHarmony is based on the idea that compatible partners have the best relationships. That’s what makes the site unique – it features a 29-factor compatibility test and a data-driven matching system.
While it’s not tailored specifically to Muslims, the algorithm-based approach has helped many Muslims find matches that aligned with their preferences.
The first step in joining eHarmony is filling out the questionnaire. Based on your answers, a personality profile is then automatically created for you and you begin getting relevant suggestions.
- Get suggestions well-suited specifically to your goals, values, and philosophies.
- Interactive icebreakers can help you overcome the initial awkwardness of messaging.
- Create a profile and send messages to others for free.
- Access a lot of the site’s features with a free membership.
- eHarmony isn’t exclusive to Muslims only.
- You’re not as in control of the filtering process as on other sites- the algorithm does the selecting.
- Premium membership is around $29.99 a month.
With a huge pool of singles from all over the world, eHarmony is great if you’re hoping to match with others that complement your personality traits and overall values.
This is one of the biggest dating sites in the world, with over 50 million singles in the database. Though it’s also not tailored to Muslims specifically, the sheer number of potential singles works in your favor.
You swipe “yes” or “no” to matches – but you get a lot of details and info on every potential match. The suggestions are created by algorithms that take all your details into account.
The registration process includes a detailed questionnaire, photos uploads, and questions about your aesthetic looks as well as preferences.
- Reliable and safe with a user-friendly, easy-to-use interface.
- Flexible in terms of if you’re looking for a short-term relationship or to settle down and marry – you can specify what you’re looking for and find appropriate matches looking for the same.
- You can talk to potential matches only once you pay for a premium membership which is between $17.99-29.99 a month.
- Limited features with a free membership- the privacy mode also has to be paid for.
While Match.com is open to all kinds of singles from all over the world, its selective algorithm and huge user-base leave you with a lot of options.
Arabian Date is a smaller site so you don’t have to sift through that many profiles. Created primarily for those looking for something serious, their site states that members have different goals in terms of what they’re looking for in partners -but hooking up is not one of them.
You can join the site, set up a profile with a photo, and browse for free. If someone piques your interest, you need to pay in order to initiate communication via email or message.
- Each member is claimed to be verified by staff so no scammy profiles.
- For serious singles looking for commitment.
- Members from all over the world.
- There’s a small number of members so if you’re looking for somebody local, you have fewer profiles to choose from.
Arabian Date is a dating site with a limited member pool, but it helps you be selective and focus on only Muslim men that are looking to meet someone.
Helahel is another Muslim matrimony site that distinguishes itself on the grounds of being 100% free!
It’s free to sign up and after you create your profile and enjoy free access to all the profiles on the site. This site is specifically for Muslims that are looking to date while adhering to the traditions and ideals of Islam – like meeting in common spaces and refraining from physical contact.
- Worldwide members from all over.
- Completely free access to member profiles and unlimited messaging.
- ‘Halel’ dating based on Islamic stringencies.
- The platform features are somewhat limited (no video calls, group chats, or location-based search).
- The layout of the site is more basic than many others.
- There is no specific member verification process.
If you’re deeply connected to your Muslim faith and ready to take the plunge in pursuing a serious relationship, check out one of the best free Muslim dating sites.
LoveHabibi is a dating site for Arabs, Christian Arabs, and Muslims looking for commitment and a deep relationship. With more than half a million members, it’s known for its diverse membership among Arab Christians and Muslims.
Start your search by setting up a profile common for these kinds of sites – a photo, some basic info, and your religious preference. Like many of the other sites, you can then browse photos and profiles and send a message to anyone that catches your eye.
- Simple and straightforward interface and profile set-up.
- 25% discount when you first sign up for the premium membership ($29.99 per month).
- Free messaging features.
- Limited membership pool.
- There is no account verification process so you need to beware of fake profiles.
Find like-minded singles that will understand where you’re coming from and your future life goals with Love Habibi.
According to their homepage, ArabLounge is “currently the largest online Christian and Muslim dating service for Arabs.”
The site offers matches for Arab singles searching for marriage partners, an Instant messenger for guys and women to interact with, and even group chat rooms.
Joining is free but in order to message and browse without limitation, you’ll need to upgrade to a premium membership (ranging from $24-49 a month depending on the plan you choose).
With a more adventurous and modern vibe than some other sites, this one’s perfect for anyone a little more to the secular side.
Setting up a profile is pretty straightforward, with simple questions like your age, ethnicity, and religious level taking about 5 minutes to complete. Answering deeper questions like, “How would your friends describe you?” and uploading a video are optional.
- Join an active and supportive community.
- Profile verification and screening process so it’s harder to create fake profiles.
- There’s a limited member pool so there may not be many options if you’re only interested in local men and cannot relocate.
Arab Lounge is straightforward, fun, and interesting. It’s a great option for someone looking not just to date, but enjoy the ride.
Muz Match claims to be the “world’s biggest community for single Muslims.” With over 2 million members spanning 190 countries, their numbers are pretty impressive!
Their home page says Muz match is “halal, free, and fun!”
After setting up a profile, you’re free to swipe and start a conversation with anyone that’s interested. You can set your preferences based on religious practice, how long you want to date for, and other important details.
- Free video calling through the site so you don’t have to share your number).
- Filtered religious levels.
- Chaperones (walis) are a welcome option.
- Easy sign up via email or Facebook.
- Selfie verification.
- Your photos are hidden and you can use a nickname to remain anonymous to your friends and family.
- With a free membership, you’re limited to one conversation a day. For more interaction, you need to upgrade.
Elite Singles is known as being a dating site for professional singles looking for a long-term commitment.
Created with serious-minded professionals in mind, it offers a matchmaker service so instead of spending time browsing, you get individualized suggestions.
This is a great resource if you’re a “marriage-minded” Muslim looking to settle down in the States. It’s hard to find marriage-minded partners when you’re using a platform that’s often associated with serial dating and casual hook-ups. Elite Singles on the other hand is clear about the kind of singles it’s looking to attract.
You’ll begin with an in-depth personality test that takes into account your character traits and big-picture goals. Get 3-7 potential matches in your inbox per day and you message the ones that attract your interest.
- Geared towards marriage-minded singles that take their religion and identity seriously.
- Selective member base – 85% of members hold a degree in higher education.
- Perfect if you’re looking for a more intellectual individual.
- Only for Muslim singles that are based in the US.
- Pricier than other sites ($ 30-57.99 a month).
- You wait for matches to be suggested- there’s no browsing option.
If you’re a down-to-earth Muslim that enjoys intellectual conversation and the company of a mature, professional, Elite Singles is a great platform to join.
Half our Deen may be a growing Muslim dating site, but it’s founded on the principles of optimal compatibility and like interests.
If you enjoy meeting with men that share your goals, hobbies, and favorite books, you’ll appreciate their unique screening system.
Your interests and likes are curtailed by the questions you fill out and there are also interest tags you can use to connect with others with similar interests (# nature, # politics, # hiking can tip you off to who you may click with).
You are assigned to a 1-on-1 advisor, similar to a traditional matchmaker, that can help with the sorting process.
- Live communal events are available – helping to create a community.
- The “just-looking” option is reserved for paid members only so your privacy is protected somewhat.
- There’s a small pool of members to choose from compared to many other sites.
- There is no free trial and membership is roughly $ 8 a month.
If you’re looking for matches that are based on your personality and unique interests, Half Our Deen can help you connect with like-minded men.
This site boasts of a “unique 3 Step Pure Match System” which results in 50 marriages per week.
With their focus on deep compatibility and halal style dating that achieves happy marriage, Pure Matrimony is a popular option among practicing Muslims.
You can set up a basic profile, filling out basic questions like your personal information and what you’re looking for, and then browse through members’ profiles for free. If you want to reach out via message, however, you’ll need a premium membership that’s about 25 USD/ month.
- Find a community of committed Muslim believers.
- There are many success stories and an impressive success rate.
- In order to reach out to members or see their photos, you need to be a paying member.
Pure Matrimony is comprised of a serious and committed group of singles and they seem to have a promising success rate.
If you’re looking for a fun and user-friendly Muslim dating app, Minder may be just what you need!
Salams considers itself “the ideal place for Muslims to meet.” With an interface similar to Tinder, Salams urges users to, “Swipe. Match. Marry.”
You set up a basic profile with a photo of yourself and you’re then free to browse others. When you see someone you like, swipe to the right and you can then message each other.
- Straightforward, fun dating process for more casual meet-ups that can still lead to marriage.
- Profiles are screened by selfie verification and GPS location.
- There is a swipe limit and limited conversation for non-premium users – you have to pay $ 10 a month for premium user privileges.
If you’ve ever tried Tinder but wished you could find more Muslim guys, or you’d love to try a more adventurous way of virtual dating, you may love Salams.
Dating has always been tricky, but the modern-day quest for your soulmate can be downright overwhelming. Most women are professionals living in cities, where day-to-day life is busy and dates can be disheartening.
Online dating is an attempt at creating a modern solution to this modern problem. Dating sites and apps can help seeking singles filter through myriads of potential matches to help them find the one. There are many dating sites and apps to choose from, and it can tough deciding which one is best for finding what you’re looking for in a lifetime partner.
For the Muslim that prides themselves in their religious identity and long-term values, online dating is an opportunity to search for partners with beliefs and practices that align.
Knowing what you need and deserve – and the dating sites that cater to those kinds of people- is the first step in finding the love of your life. With a bit of luck and that element of magic, you’ll find the person of your dreams!