We have published this updated Privacy Notice to reflect changes in privacy laws. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is enforceable from 25 May 2018, provides new rights to individuals and requires organizations to provide information in a clear and transparent way. This statement aims to explain how we collect, store, and use your personal data. When we refer to “we”, “us” or “our” in this Statement we mean perfectdatingmatch.com.
https://perfectdatingmatch.com/ is an online platform that displays information, advice, and reviews of products related to the fitness industry to help people make better purchase decisions.
This privacy notice applies to the collection and processing of your personal information in relation to:
- Your use of our website, provided under perfectdatingmatch.com
- Your use of our reviews and other commercial transaction is done through our affiliate links with Amazon.com
This privacy notice also describes your data protection rights. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in Section 7 below.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data directly from you through our website when you freely decide to sign up for our newsletter, send a message through the contact form, or when you interact with our site.
- Personal information: Full name.
- Contact information: email address, website.
- Log data and device information e.g., IP address, cookies (anonymized data)
- Tracking information e.g., cookies and similar technologies (anonymized data)
We do not collect any special categories of personal data, as defined under the GDPR. Our products and services are not aimed at children.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you send us a message through our contact form we will collect your name and your email. Without this information would be impossible to contact you back.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal data according to the purposes and limited to what is necessary for the following purposes:
- Where you give us consent:
- We will send you newsletters containing news, blog articles, and buyer guides concerning our website and our products, services, and special offers.
- We will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates, and carefully selected partners.
- We will place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
|Purpose||Lawful basis for processing|
|To track your use of our website and interaction with our newsletters. For example, to understand which newsletter content is most popular with our email audience.||Our Legitimate Interests, which we have balanced with the interests of our clients, suppliers, and business contacts.|
|To send email newsletters to you, if you have signed up via the perfectdatingmatch.com website.||Your consent|
4. Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your personal data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
You have an unconditional right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communications we send you, or by contacting us using the details set out in section 9.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When you visit our websites, we may place cookies on your devices and use those cookies to collect personal data. You can find out more in our Cookie Notice.
6. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
7. Sharing of your personal data.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties for them to use for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
8. What rights do you have?
You have a number of rights under data protection law, which have been strengthened under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Access: You have the right to access the personal data we may hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it. We may ask for proof of your identity. On receipt of such a request, we will endeavor to respond to you as soon as possible, at most within one calendar month.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal data which is incorrect or requires updating.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. We will assess any deletion request on a case by case basis. If you have authored any content on the GMA site and would like this to be deleted, please let us know.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please use the following contact details:
Email: [email protected]
If you are concerned about the manner in which we have collected and used your personal data, please contact us using the contact details above – we will do our best to help. If you are unhappy with the manner in which we have handled your personal data you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You have the right to ask us for information about our data processing or for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or another legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required to keep by law or when we have compelling legitimate interests in retaining the data.
We will provide you with a copy of your personal data when you (or, in case of children under 16, your parents or representatives) request to do.
9. How long do we store your personal data for?
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes we are using it for. How long we retain data will vary depending on the purposes it is used for. We routinely update our email newsletter lists to ensure those who are not engaged are removed.
10. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We take appropriate steps to ensure your personal data is stored in a secure environment to prevent any unauthorized access. We may use external data service providers to process personal data on our behalf. When we do so we have appropriate agreements in place to protect the data.
11. How can you contact us if you have any questions?
You can contact us through our contact form here or in our email.
Email: [email protected]
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal data. If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data or would like to opt-out of direct marketing, you can also send your request to the same contact options above.